Current note: Due to the Corona situation we offer a reduced timetable as follows:
- Weekends & Holidays: Full service according to the calendar below ("yellow" days)
- Steam trains are in operation on "red" days or red framed "yellow" days
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: Full service according to the calendar below ("yellow" days)
- Wednesday & Friday: No service until further notice ("green" days are cancelled)
You can also find the latest timetables in our timetable calendar.
All trains are catered and convey a luggage car for free luggage and bicycle transport. For technical reasons, the Brohltalbahn reserves the right to change traction types (e.g. diesel instead of steam locomotive). For operational reasons, freight wagons may be carried on the trains.
Steam trains are marked in red.
Bus connections from Engeln station
There are attractive bus connections from Engeln train station to other tourist highlights in the Laacher See volcanic region:
- Line 819 "Freizeitbus Vulkanpark" runs twice daily from Monday to Friday, every 2 hours on weekends from Engeln to Maria Laach and Mendig
- Line 821 "Radbus Nettetal" takes you every two hours on weekends to Rieden forest lake, Bürresheim Castle and to Mayen.
Further connections to Maria Laach and Mendig are available from the Niederzissen train station every hour or two hours by bus line 810.